If you are a lash tech, you have probably heard about that even though you maybe haven’t followed the training yet! Volume Russian eyelashes extension is the option you go for when you want a look that’s wilder. But how long do eyelash extensions last? Let’s find out.
What are Russian eyelash extensions?
Volume requires more knowledge than classic eyelash extensions. That is because there are more skills and things to know. The volume eyelash sets are done by sticking lash fans to every individual lashes. The lash fans can be anywhere between 2 to 20 eyelashes. Nowadays, this look is the most popular one since it allows the lash artist to customize the set according to the client's natural lashes.
Volume eyelash extensions usually last 6 to 8 weeks, but like other sets, refills need to be done 2 to 3 weeks after the first appointment.
Volume lashes can last longer than the other types of lashes because of the techniques used to attach the fans.
Indeed, it requires skills to make a fan, but attaching the fan to the natural eyelash also requires a technique, which is called ‘’wrapping’’. This ensures the natural eyelash is wrapped around with eyelash extensions.
It is important to choose the right lash diameters to make sure the fan can properly wrap around the natural eyelashes. The most popular diameters are 0.07 / 0.05 and 0.03 mm.
To make sure to be able to wrap the fan properly, the right diameters and lash fans have to be properly chosen. A fan that is too heavy can definitely fall faster than a fan that has the right weight for the natural lash.
If you aren’t comfortable hand making your own fans yet, don’t worry ! Promade fans are there for you!
Promade fans are volume fans that are made in advance and that are being sold by lash suppliers. They allow lash artists to give more volume to their clients without needing to masterize the volume fan technique.
At LLBA’s Professional, they are available from 3D to 20D in different diameters!
How long do Russian sets last with Promade fans?
Make sure to do the right steps prior to the application and after the application, and you’ll still have a great retention. Clients will usually come back 2 weeks later for an infill.
Of course, it will be important to provide your clients aftercare instructions and make sure they take care of their lashes to have the best retention possible.
Follow these simple tips in order to be the best possible lash artist out there.
- Always use a new drop of glue and continuously switch it. It is very important to use fresh flue drops. As a rule of thumb, you should be changing your glue every 20 minutes or so.
- You have to adjust your environment to your glue. It is very important to use the right glue depending on the season. During the summer, you should generally use a slow drying glue like La Magnétique by LLBA. In the winter, you should normally be using a faster drying glue such as Speedy by LLBA. Using the right glue for the proper condition will be very helpful.
- Lash prep is very important, always make sure to have a proper cleaning routine in your preparation step. You should wash your client’s lashes before your set, we recommend using LLBA’s lash shampoo solution on your clients lash and then rinse them with saline water.
For optimal retention, you should teach your clients how to properly take care of their lashes after their appointment. Depending on the lash artist, some will have kits available with all the necessities such as brushes, lash bath and an instruction card.
You let them know to follow these suggestions:
- Avoid using products with oil. Oil can prevent bonding.
- Avoid sleeping on your face to prevent creating friction while rubbing lashes.
- Avoid rubbing eyes, they can pull out lashes.
- Do wash lashes daily with a proper lash bath in order to avoid infections.
So how long do volume lashes last ? Following these steps will ensure to have the best possible retention for volume lashes no matter if you are hand making or using Promades.This will make clients return for their appointments later and with a good amount of lashes on their eyelids.